By Olurinde Lafe
Read Online or Download Abulecentrism: Rapid Development of Society Catalyzed at the Local Community Level PDF
Similar urban planning & development books
This assortment evaluates a few of the suggestions that diverse towns have used whilst trying to economically revitalize downtown areas.
The writer examines the 2 so much complex eco-city initiatives: the Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-City in China, and Masdar urban in Abu Dhabi. those are the main outstanding makes an attempt at development new eco-cities to either withstand the 'crises' of the fashionable international and to exploit the town as an engine for transition to a low-carbon economic system.
Weather swap and an evolving non-renewable power zone threaten the longer term viability and sustainability of groups around the nation. whereas rural groups have a distinct position within the nationwide cloth, they generally lack the assets to take on those vital and evolving threats. making plans for Rural Resilience: dealing with weather switch and effort Futures makes transparent that groups and municipalities have possibilities to make knowledgeable and optimistic judgements within the face of uncertainty: lots of those judgements are “win-win” within the experience that they profit the group within the brief time period whereas additionally construction resilience for the longer term.
Examines urban politics and coverage, federalism, and democracy within the usa. After a long time of being outlined via hindrance and boundaries, towns are well known again—as locations for individuals and companies, and as topics of scholarly examine. city Citizenship and American Democracy contributes to this new scholarship through exploring the origins and dynamics of city citizenship within the usa.
- Decent Homes for All: Planning's Evolving Role in Housing Provision (Housing, Planning and Design Series)
- Drought, Risk Management, and Policy: Decision-Making Under Uncertainty (Drought and Water Crises)
- Local Self-Government and the Right to the City (McGill-Queen's Studies in Urban Governance)
- Theory, Practice, and Community Development (Community Development Research and Practice Series)
- Livelihood Security in Northwestern Himalaya: Case Studies from Changing Socio-economic Environments in Himachal Pradesh, India (Advances in Geographical and Environmental Sciences)
Additional resources for Abulecentrism: Rapid Development of Society Catalyzed at the Local Community Level