By Rosemary Feurer,Chad Pearson
Read or Download Against Labor: How U.S. Employers Organized to Defeat Union Activism (Working Class in American History) PDF
Best labour & industrial relations books
The modern interval has witnessed the speedy evolution in quite a lot of cellular know-how. This booklet charts the profound implications those technological alterations have for employees and company firms. From an organizational perspective they've got the capability to rework the character of firms, via permitting staff to be more and more cellular.
Within the Seventies, Xerox pioneered the involvement of social technology researchers in know-how layout and in constructing greater methods of operating. The Xerox legacy is a hybrid method that mixes an ethnographic curiosity in direct commentary in settings of curiosity with an ethnomethodological trouble to make the research of interactional paintings an empirical, investigatory subject.
Italians have been the biggest staff of immigrants to the U.S. on the flip of the 20 th century, and millions led and took part in a number of the period's so much risky exertions moves. Jennifer Guglielmo brings to lifestyles the Italian working-class girls of latest York and New Jersey who assisted in shaping the colourful radical political tradition that improved into the rising commercial union circulation.
Lengthy referred to as the world's manufacturing facility, China is the biggest production financial system ever noticeable, accounting for greater than 10% of world exports. China is usually, after all, domestic to the biggest group on the earth, the an important point in the back of its fantastic fiscal luck. yet who're China? s employees who continue the laptop operating, and the way is the hard work procedure altering lower than monetary reform?
- Managing Labor Migration in the Twenty-First Century
- Generation Y in Consumer and Labour Markets (Routledge Interpretive Marketing Research)
- Health and Labor Force Participation over the Life Cycle: Evidence from the Past (National Bureau of Economic Research Conference Report)
- Untidy Gender: Domestic Service in Turkey (Women In The Political Economy)
- Trade Unions in China: The Challenge of Labour Unrest (Routledge Contemporary China Series)
- Beyond $15: Immigrant Workers, Faith Activists, and the Revival of the Labor Movement
Extra resources for Against Labor: How U.S. Employers Organized to Defeat Union Activism (Working Class in American History)