By Jason Blakely
Read or Download Alasdair MacIntyre, Charles Taylor, and the Demise of Naturalism: Reunifying Political Theory and Social Science PDF
Best political philosophy books
Multiculturalism is among the such a lot debatable rules in modern politics. during this new e-book George Crowder examines a number of the top responses to multiculturalism, either supportive and significant, present in the paintings of contemporary political theorists. The booklet presents a transparent and obtainable advent to a various array of thinkers who've engaged with multiculturalism.
This is often an interpretative and evaluative examine of the concept of Antonio Gramsci, the founder of the Italian Communist social gathering who died in 1937 after ten years of imprisonment in Fascist jails. It proceeds by means of a rigorous textual research of his criminal Notebooks, the scattered notes he wrote in the course of his incarceration.
This quantity combines rigorous empirical and theoretical analyses with political engagement to seem past reductive short-hands that forget about the old evolution and sorts of Islamic doctrine and that deny the complexities of Muslim societies' encounters with modernity itself. Are Islam and democracy suitable?
Theorists attracted to studying extra approximately any given interpretive procedure are frequently required to navigate a dizzying array of assets, without transparent feel of the place to start. The prose of many basic resources is frequently steeped in dense and technical argot that rookies locate intimidating or perhaps impenetrable.
- Political Obligation: A Critical Introduction (Routledge Contemporary Political Philosophy)
- Philosophy Of Law: An Introduction To Jurisprudence
- Contested Memories and the Demands of the Past: History Cultures in the Modern Muslim World (Islam and Nationalism)
- What Kind of Democracy? What Kind of Market?: Latin America in the Age of Neoliberalism
- Solidarity Politics for Millennials: A Guide to Ending the Oppression Olympics (The Politics of Intersectionality)
Extra resources for Alasdair MacIntyre, Charles Taylor, and the Demise of Naturalism: Reunifying Political Theory and Social Science